- This event has passed.
Super Saturday Mentoring Training
November 8, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Meet all your mentor training needs in ONE DAY. Join us for breakfast and a great day of insight and preparation with top-notch mentor training!
- Mentoring 101–This interactive training program provides participants with an introduction to mentoring and what to expect as a mentor. For brand-spanking new mentors or anyone who wants a refresher.
- Understanding Challenging Behaviors–Youth who won’t talk. Kids who won’t sit still. That’s what we see, but what does it mean? For mentors with some experience who want to get past the surface in their mentoring relationship.
- The Poverty Spiral–This training helps mentors understand the situations of youth struggling with poverty. Mentors participate in a simulation in the form of a traditional board game that promotes understanding of the everyday challenges faced by individuals living in poverty.
- Promise Coaches–During this training, participants learn about Pittsburgh Public Schools’ graduation requirements and resources to help students overcome barriers to graduation, as well as tips on developing a post-high school education plan.
- Supporting Teen Sexual Identity Development–By learning the ins and outs of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression, you will be better equipped to address concerns that arise as youth develop through adolescence. Mentors will learn the “do’s and don’ts,” as well as what resources are available for both you and your mentee.
Sign up for this valuable half-day compilation of workshop trainings today!