Project Lifting, Learning, Literacy, Life, and Love (Project L-5) is an early intervention program for at-risk elementary school (K through 5th grade) students in Pittsburgh’s East End. The program provides supports to improve children’s academic performance and attendance, to reduce disciplinary actions at school, and to improve students’ social skills, behavior and relationships with other children and adults. Educational support and academic enrichment activities focus primarily on language arts (reading, spelling, and writing) and math. All services are fully aligned with and compliment the Pittsburgh Public Schools’ curriculum. Project L-5 also includes mentoring, character education and life skills lessons, and recreational activities.
- Start Time 2:45 PM Monday-Thursday, 3:00 PM Friday
- End Time 4:30 PM Monday - Thursday, 5:00 PM Friday
- Minimum Grade Served 1
- Maximum Grade Served 5
- Capacity 50
- Fee Yes
- Food Provided Yes
- Transportation Provided On Friday sessions, school activities bus transports students from Fulton to Eastminster.
- PGH Program Yes
The program meets Monday-Thursday at Fulton Elementary School and on the 2nd & 4th Friday of the month at Eastminster Presbyterian Church in East Liberty. The program starts in October and ends in May.
- Name East End Cooperative Ministry, Inc.
- Address 6140 Station St Pittsburgh, PA, 15206
- Phone 1 412-361-5549